How time flies!

Kathy's lifetime achievements.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tynemouth, North Tyneside, United Kingdom

Find out who I am on my website at www.kathheth.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk. I will be 74 in August 2012. I put my feet up occasionally after I've done a lot of walking but I continue to lead an active life doing what I want when I want. My daughter, Lynn, and I are bosom buddies enjoying each other's company on outings and shopping trips. Walking along the beach is heavy going on feet and legs but a stroll along the bank top fills in a pleasant afternoon. I haven't done much photography since I photographed some famous ships as they sailed into, or out of, the mouth of the Tyne. However, not all of those shown here were taken by me including the latest one of the Swan Hunter dock and cranes being shipped out to India. I have updated my family news section to include details of how I recently became a widow. And also how losing her Dad has affected Lynn. Hopefully, I will continue to update my blog frequently from now on.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Collingwood's monument, Tynemouth














Royal Navy frigate HMS Cumberland was visiting the Tyne as part of the bicentenary events commemorating 200 years since the death of local hero Admiral Lord Collingwood. She fired a 19-gun salute as she left the river. Field guns from 101 Regiment Royal Artillery replied with 19 rounds.

At the start of the festival four huge cannons at the foot of Collingwood's monument were 'fired' using modern pyrotechnics. The guns were not capable of firing cannon balls and obviously could not have done so in reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home